Award-winning poet and author, Kami McInnes will be travelling to the South East of South Australia this October as Writers SA’s latest Writer in Residence.
McInnes will be visiting several towns in the region to connect with readers and writers through readings, events, workshops at libraries and community centres, as well as providing one-on-one consultations:
- Mt. Burr: General Store, 2 Thomas Drive Mt. Burr. Sunday 17th October 1pm. Meet The Author/ Reading (from Subterranean Redneck Blues and work in progress).
- Millicent: Millicent Library Civic Centre, Ridge Tce Millicent Tuesday 19th Oct – Thurs 21st Oct 11am – 4pm. Writer In Residence – available for one-on-one sessions.
- Robe: Robe Library, Mundy Terrace Robe Saturday 23rd October 10am – 2pm. Public workshop/meet the author event.
- Robe: Robe Town Brewery, 10 White Street Robe Sunday 24th October 1pm. Open Mic with special guests.
- Keith: Beyond Words Bookshop, 29A Hender Street Keith Thursday 28th October 7.30pm. Meet the author/ reading (from Subterranean Redneck Blues and work in progress).
During his residency, McInnes will be based in Millicent whilst visiting several towns in the region to hold workshops, present open mic events and the opportunity for one-on-one meetings with aspiring writers as well as readers. He will be offering the chance to chat about performance, poetry, writing and editing, organising events, tips to getting started and discussing the forms that memoirs can take. If you’d like to host an event or talk, please contact us at email@example.com.