- This event has passed.
Nico at the Adelaide City Library: Spoken Word Performance
2 September, 2017 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
In partnership with Adelaide City Library, Spoken Word SA presents our August Poet In Residence – Nico with her project Brainstorms.
By running a series of open discussions (‘Brainstorms’) and workshops, our Adelaide City Library August Poet In Residence Nico hoped to encourage the public to trust that anyone can be a poet – all you need is something to say, and a playful way to say it!
Her Brainstorming sessions tackled the following ideas:
- What is poetry, and who writes it? When do words become poetry? Where do we find inspiration?
- What makes your message important? What makes some poems ‘more powerful’ than others? Is it the influence of society upon art forms, or the art’s commentary on societal influences that makes it profound?
- So what about sound, rhyme, and rhythm in writing? Is there percussion in poetry?
- Where do different art forms overlap? What does “that was pure poetry” mean when used in reference to something other than poetry (art, music, scenery, people)?
- When does written word, read aloud, become redefined as ‘spoken word’? What’s in the power of performance.
Now it is time for the final presentation and performance. An opportunity to see and share what came out of the brainstorm sessions!
New works, new words, new ideas.