Congrats to the winners of Heat 1, Jason Marsiglia and Chiara Gabrielli, who are off to the State Final! Sell-out capacity crowd, new faces among the competitors, huge range of styles, great words, great performances!!
Get your next chance to compete or come along and cheer at Heat 2 at Salisbury, 26th August.
If you haven’t been to a slam before, here’s a summary of how it works:
- Sign-in on the night.
- Sign-in opens at 6:30pm for a 7:00 start.
- There is a maximum of 20 entrants per heat. The first 15 are guaranteed; if over 20 register, those last 5 spots are decided by random draw.
- Contestants read in a randomly selected order.
- There is an absolute time limit of 2 minutes.
- Contestants are scored by 5 judges selected at random from the audience.
- No props, musical accompaniments, or costumes are allowed.
- The two highest scored contestants proceed to the State Final, held on Friday, 30th September, 2016.
For all the info across the nation head to www.australianpoetryslam.c
SA Poetry Slam 2016 supported by: